Monday, June 27, 2011

ROOT: a new blog

I decided to start blogging again. I can't bring myself to delete this one, because I like reading back on the art I did in college. It gives me a good sense of where I've come from, and where I'm going. However, this new blog won't quite be the same thing.

I'm not JUST a designer. I know when we originally set these blogs up, the purpose was to be quite focused on one thing, but I just can't. I have never been a terribly single-minded person, and I have a great variety of hobbies, likes and talents. Even my job never lets me do just my own job.

So I've renamed the blog ROOT: depending on the context this word has some pretty disparate meanings which seem to sum up my professional and personal lives right now. To put down roots means to settle down in a place and make a home. Root also denotes the base of anything, getting right down to the base of the matter. To root around can also mean to go snooping or looking for something. Currently, my life is all these things- settling down in a new location in a new home while also searching for new creative ideas and fulfillment.

This is as personal as it will get though, folks. What I will be posting here are the efforts of all this ROOT(ing), which will mostly be art and design with the rare DIY project or cool idea I'd like to share sprinkled in. Please stay tuned- I would love to hear your criticism, ideas, suggestions, queries, you name it. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment